"Take responsibility for the image you want to see."

 
404-507-2746 ♦ info@blackpositiveimage.com ♦ P.O. Box 15356 Atlanta, GA 30333

Martin Luther King Day Challenge: 2010 I Have A Dream Speech

On August 28, 1963, almost 47 years ago, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. stood on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and with a passionate soul spoke words of racial equality. Originally said to be titled, "Normalcy, Never Again", Dr. King's "I Have A Dream Speech" is historic. A monumental point in the Civil Rights Movement, this speech has changed the lives of people born long after the words echoed throughout Washington.

Every year during this time, Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday (January 15) and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (third Monday of January), I hear people discuss what if Martin was alive today. What would he say about the State of America?, some even go further to probe what would he say about the State of Black America?

It is important to note that although Dr. King he was apart of a Civil Rights Movement that focused on racial equality, he fought for human rights. His "I Have A Dream Speech" proved just how vast his approach was for everyone, including Blacks, to have the rights "promised" to us.

So with the thought of what if Dr. King was alive today and if he was going to give an updated "I Have A Dream Speech" in 2010 what would he say? I am challenging all, to write your 2010 I Have A Dream Speech and share it with Black Positive Image. The only rule is to DREAM BIG!!!*

Deadline: Monday January 18, 2010

Let's Ignite A Change,

Black Positive Image

P.S. If interested I will post your "I Have A Dream Speech" on blackpositiveimage.com, just e-mail me your speech before 12:00 p.m. on Monday January 18, 2010.

*There is no word count or subject matter, but please keep in mind Dr. Martin Luther King's dream and vision when writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment